Intestinal is a complete dietary food for dogs to support the gastrointestinal tract.
The use of potato as a carbohydrate source makes this food highly digestible and the addition of both fermentable and non-fermentable fibres promote a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
Furthermore, the number of ingredients used is as little as possible, in order to keep the stress on the digestive tract low and minimise the risk of an allergic reaction. Intestinal contains duck as the only animal protein source. Duck it is known for being a protein source that rarely causes hypersensitivity reactions. This makes the diet suitable for dogs with food hypersensitivity.
- Prevents immunological reactions (food allergy) or non-immunological reactions (food intolerance) in the form of skin problems and/or digestive problems (diarrhoea, vomiting).
- Changing to a hypoallergenic diet will help to slowly reduce itching. This reduces scratching, rubbing and biting, which can cause secondary skin lesions.
- Gastro-intestinal disorders
- Diarrhoea, colitis, enteritis
- Food allergy
- Food intolerance
- Puppies excluding; (Extra) large breed puppies, under 12 months of age
It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use. The recommended duration of use for Intestinal is initially 3 to 12 weeks for digestive problems and 3 to 8 weeks in case of food hypersensitivity. When the symptoms disappear, Intestinal can be fed for life as a complete dietary food.