All TROVET hypoallergenic diets are based on a single (animal) protein source and a single carbohydrate source and contain all the essential nutrients in optimal amounts.
Ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction are kept to a minimum in hypoallergenic diets. The addition of a vitamin and mineral mix is not necessary. The addition of a urinary acidifying agent makes the dry food also suited for the prevention of struvite formation.
- Prevents immunological reactions (food allergy) or non-immunological reactions (food intolerance) in the form of skin problems and/or digestive problems (diarrhoea, vomiting).
- Changing to a hypoallergenic diet will help to slowly reduce itching. This reduces scratching, rubbing and biting, which can cause secondary skin lesions.
- Food allergy
- Food intolerance
- Recurring struvite formation
- Hypersensitivity to lamb protein
- Growth (not suited for kittens)
- Gestation and lactation
- Cats that currently receive a full dose urinary acidifiers
- Cats with uroliths which are not composed of struvite
It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion is sought before use. The recommended duration of use for TROVET Hypoallergenic (Lamb) is initially 3-8 weeks. When the hypersensitivity symptoms disappear, TROVET Hypoallergenic (Lamb) can be fed for life as a complete dietary food. Struvite stone recurrence: up to 6 months.